Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blessing in Disguise

Before you start throwing things just here me out. I think all of these snow days have been a blessing in disguise. All of this time off has seemed to set a fire under my students' butts. I think I have gotten more production in the few days that we have been in school this quarter than I did in the first semester. I really appreciate the effort that my students,you guys,have been putting into this experience.
I think the break give me a chance to assess how I need to approach teaching this class. Trying to present the "facts" about what we are learn wasn't working. I think getting so far into our games and then having a massive break give you time to come with questions about what you want to do with your game. I did good bit of reading on Flash during the snow days and I think that time spent alone with the program didn't give me all of the answers but it enabled me to have a better of how to point you in the right direction. I hope I can continue to stay ahead of the curve now that we are back to school.......

1 comment:

  1. We normally learn more from failures then achievement sometimes. So I guess our failure to be in school is an example of that. Looking forward to seeing what they do now.

    ReplyDelete